Our chapter is 100% volunteer based with most of our Board members and committee chairs navigating full time jobs and other personal commitments so any assistance is always welcomed and appreciated. There are a number of ways that you can participate in and support your local art therapy association, including its outreach efforts, special programs, networking events, and scholarships. Contact us TODAY at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Committee
- Ethics Committee-ensures Ethical Principles for Art Therapists and Code of Professional Practice are available to members and refers ethics violations to AATA/ATCB
- Fundraising Committee*- develops avenues for soliciting donations, grants, and corporate sponsorship to fund SoCalATA programs, projects and research
- Governmental Affairs Committee- maintains up-to-date information on California State laws and regulations relevant to the practice as well as current legislative initiatives that might promote and/or advance the profession
- Honors Committee*- identifies outstanding members of the Association for recognition in the category of Honorary Life Member and other honors and awards
- Membership Committee*- maintains the membership roster, membership directory, and supervisor directory; provides outreach to local students, art therapists, and AATA members living in SoCalATA's geographic area who are not current members; supports member gatherings and events to promote connectivity among members; identifies and works with the board to bolster and maintain member benefits
- Multi-cultural Committee*- provides input to board on issues of diversity, continuing education experiences to enhance members’ cultural competence.
- Program Committee- plans several SoCalATA sponsored networking, educational, and CEU events annually; distributes chapter information to members.
- Public Relations Committee*- responsible for the dissemination of Board of Directors approved information about SoCalATA; marketing and publicizing professional training programs for CEU’s, meetings, and the profession of art therapy to: consumers, institutes and agencies, SoCalATA members, nonmember professionals and students
*These committees need chairs and co-chairs. Contact us to talk about what may be the best opportunity for you.
Volunteer for Special Events and ProgramsAnnual Art Show Opening- Prescribing Art: A Path to Healing, November 19, 2019
- Guide traffic/issue parking passes
- Ushers directing traffic into the gallery and at the entrances
- Set up of event space (food, tables, signs)
- Silent Auction (organization, set-up)
*Contact Clarissa at email@example.com for details.
Speak at continuing education events
*Contact Angelique at firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements and application.
Represent SocalATA at outreach events (i.e. conferences, mental health fairs, student groups) or serve as Regional Liaison for your local area.
Donate your talents (social media content, newsletter, marketing/branding, and fundraising), space (venues for meetings and events), connections, or money (Donate Here).