2019 Southern California
Art Therapy Association
4th Annual Art Show
Deadline to enter is October 31st, 2019
A call to submit artwork for Southern California Art Therapy (SoCalATA)’s annual art show. This is a juried art show. The show will take place at USC’s medical campus in the Institute for Genetic Medicine (IGM) Art Gallery.
TYPE OF WORK ACCEPTED
Work in any media must be the artist’s own original concept, design, and execution. Images related to the theme of the art show will have first priority for selection. This year’s theme is “Prescribing Art: A Path to Healing.” The IGM Art Gallery is a multi-faceted space that serves as art gallery, work place, and healing space where professionals, students, and patients come together. Keeping this in mind, please be mindful of content submitted.
All submissions from art therapists and friends of art therapy will be considered.
Work in any media must be the artist’s own original concept, design, and execution. Images related to the theme of the art show will have first priority for selection. SoCalATA, Art Exhibit Chair, and the IGM Art Gallery reserve the right to select and/or reject any image submitted.
This year's theme is:
Prescribing Art: A Path to Healing
Prescribing Art: A Path to Healing will be viewable
Saturday, November 9th, 1PM to 5PM (opening) through January 26th, 2020.
(Step 1) Please send your high resolution digital images and accompanying information to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 27th, 2019.(Step 2) In addition, please register your art piece here. Art will be accepted unless artist is notified otherwise.
What to include:
- Register submissions and images via event registration at (hyperlink). Submissions fees are $10 for members and $20 non-members.
- Submit art in the form of high resolution digital image file. Please include front of art work and back of artwork. All artwork submitted must be ready to hang--hanging wire only!
- You may submit 1 image per submission fee. Please make sure to clearly identify art piece with its corresponding title, media, dimensions, price (if not intending to sell please indicate-not for sale) and your name/s (as will be displayed; example, Jane Doe, MA, ATR-BC) Please include your phone number (for administrative use only)
- In the subject line of your e-mail, it should read: "Art Show 2019 Submission (your name)." Art submissions will be accepted UNLESS you receive an e-mail or phone call from the Exhibit Chair indicating that modifications need to be made before acceptance or denial of the entry into the exhibit.
- Art drop off will occur Thursday and Friday, November 7th and 8th respectably by appointment only with Clarissa Greguska at email@example.com. If not available please coordinated with Clarissa Greguska ASAP.
Any art work that does not get picked up on Sunday, January 26th, 2020, can be retrieved in coordination with the SoCalATA Art Exhibit Chair, Clarissa Greguska at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of digital images of your work indicates acceptance of the following conditions: The digital images will be used for media promotion of the show. The usage of all digital images will be granted to SoCalATA for promotional purpose of the show and the association.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you might have about the art show at email@example.com. I look forward to seeing your submissions!
Clarissa Greguska, MA, ATR, APCC, Exhibition Chair